Past is the past

Saturday, December 15, 2012

My Young Man

My son turns 12 today.
At a mere age of 18 I was pregnant with my first son. I had mixed emotions on being a mother not knowing what to expect and how this was going to change my life. I don't think it really hit me until I felt him move. As I progressed in my pregnacy I would sit there with my shirt up and just watch my stomach move all over the place. I wish I had recorded it, my sister would just laugh and laugh with what looked like an alien coming out of my stomach.
I never knew how much of an instant bond there was when you look at your child for the first time  and feel that love. I could just stare at Ashton all day long. He was perfect in ever way. For quite sometime he was my sidekick. Watching him grow has truly been a blessing. I haven't been a perfect mother, I've made mistakes and still learn everyday. These are mistakes and lessons I'm loving to learn. I love this boy with all my heart. 
For my Son,
Words can't express how loved you are. Your are turning 12 and yes almost a teenager. You are one of the most important people in my life, you helped steer my life in a direction on where it should be. I know you get mad and say I'm not fair, just remember that every action, every punishment, and every nag is for a purpose. I want so much more for you and will push you harder than anyone else to make sure you succeed farther than I did.
I love your smile, and hearing your laugh. I can't seem to grasp some of your wardrobe choices, and we may not alway agree on that but I will compromise with you, most of the time. Watching you play baseball is one of my favorite things to do......Ever. I get so into it that I can barely sit down. Simply unbelievable the talent you have.
Life isn't always going to be a walk in the park. Stay true to yourself, be the Ashton that everyone loves.
So after all of that is said and done I want to wish you the most Amazing Birthday Ever. I love you Ashton with everything I have to give.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment